Owner Drivers – Work for us

Whilst we operate a national and European service with owner drivers based around the UK, we are always looking for owner drivers close to our base in Manchester.

If you live in the Greater Manchester, Stockport and Cheshire areas and are looking for work as an owner driver then we would like to hear from you.

We only want to hear from owner drivers who are hard working, polite, of smart appearance and have a nice big smile. We need owner drivers who are flexible, willing to work unsociable hours and at short notice – the same day courier and dedicated transport business is not for the 9am to 5pm.

We are always looking for people with the following vehicles:

Small Vans – (Berlingo, Caddy, etc)

LWB Vans – (Transits, Relays – LWB’s with approx 3.5m load length)

XLWB Vans – (Sprinters, Dailys, XLWB’s with approx 4.2m load length)

Luton Vans – (Curtain side & Tail Lift)

7.5T – (Curtain side & Tail Lift)

17T – (Curtain side & Tail Lift)

22T – (Curtain side & Tail Lift)

Artics – (13.6m Trailer)

If you would like to apply for our owner driver sub-contractor vacancies then please email jobs@expresstransit.co.uk and ask for an application form.

Please print the application form and post it in to us at the address on the top, ensuring that copies of the following documents are included with your completed application. Applications cannot be processed without these copies. You may be required to attend a short meeting with us where you will be asked to bring along originals of the copies you have sent in.:

1. Copy of Driving Licence
  2. Copy of Passport
  3. Goods in Transit Insurance (Min £10,000)
  4. Motor Insurance
  5. Public Liability Insurance (Min £1,000,000)
  6. Employers Liability (If applicable)
  7. VAT Registration Details (If applicable)
  8. MOT Certificate (If applicable)
  9. Recent Utility Bill
  10. 2 x Passport Sized Photos of Yourself

All Insurances should have your occupation, nature of business or usage stated as Courier. You will also be required to provide a DBS Certificate (CRB Check) within 13 weeks from your date of commencement and a receipt to confirm that you have requested the report within 2 weeks of your commencement.

Comments: 12
  • Marcel Taranu
    January 8, 2020 4:32 pm

Hi , can you send me your rates for XLWB van , Luton van , 7.5 tone ,18 tone truck and articulated truck .How many day per week you can guarantee work is a full time subcontractor work.Please send me all information I need to know, payments option, diesel card, parking space ,rate is per mile or per day? I wait your answer asap,please.Kind regards, Marcel Taranu

• Costel Apostol
    January 14, 2020 3:16 am

Good afternoon!
    My name is Costel Apostol
    I am a owner of 2 LUTON VANS.,one available to start ASAP .
    I ve attached all the details and documents of my van(one of them) -me being the driver.
    If you will have something available please do not hesitate to conntact me ASAP-07902695343
    VAN DETAILS
    Reg no KM13FPU-mercedes Sprinter -luton Box -white -no logo
    Driver -me
    Costel Apostol
    Data of birth 11/09/1983
    Address-6 Wilden Crescent

• Peter Baptista
    January 24, 2020 7:05 pm

Hi I will be looking for work for Luton van in the next few weeks can send some info on pay and types of wort thanks Peter

• Ianbottrell@hotmail.co.uk
    March 20, 2020 8:23 am

Morning I have a lwb sprinter in white less than 5 years old could please tell me the price per mile thank you .

• Mark Shore
    April 4, 2020 3:29 pm

Hi, my name is Mark Shore and own my own business with my partner called Shore Way Logistics Limited based in Manchester. We set up in December 2019 and have a long wheelbase Fiat Ducato available. We do have contracts for European work especially in Italy but obviously due to the current situation we are unable to carry out the jobs at the moment. Please see our website for recent jobs carried out – http://www.shore-way-logistics.com. Please do contact me if you would like any further information.

• Octavian Ciorba
    April 23, 2020 8:57 am

Good afternoon!
    My name is Octavian
    I am a owner of 2 LUTON VANS.,one available to start any time

• Mark jennings
    May 28, 2020 11:15 pm

Hi hope your well my name is mark
    I have a transit curtain side and a Peugeot export simpler to a transit van
    Could you let me no your rates for them and also the continuity of work that you could give
    Regards
    Mark

• Mark jennings
    May 28, 2020 11:20 pm

Hi hope your well my name is mark Jennings
    I have a transit curtain side and a Peugeot export simpler to a transit van
    Regards
    Mark

• Imre Cristian
    June 12, 2020 4:29 pm

Good afternoon I am a owner of 1 LUTON VAN, Ford Transit 2013 eith Tail Lift available to start ASAP .me being the driver.
    If you will have something available please do not hesitate to conntact me ASAP-07830944402
    VAN DETAILS
    Reg no PN13PWE -Ford Transit -luton Box -white -no logo
    Driver -me
    Imre Cristian
    Data of birth 25/01/1989
    Address-6 Kingsbury Road . Nw9 8ug .

• Sorin Enoiu
    July 2, 2020 12:39 am

Hi
    My name is Sorin Enoiu
    I am a owner of One curtain side vans with tail lifts ,one available to start ASAP
    If you will have something available please do not hesitate to conntact me ASAP-07519525754
    VAN DETAILS
    Reg no BK61RSU-iveco daily-Curtain side with lift .white and blue no logo
    Driver -me
    Sorin Enoiu
    Data of birth 11/09/1983
    Address-6 Wilden Crescen

• daniel coman
    July 5, 2020 3:59 pm

My name is Daniel Coman and im the owner of MERCEDES-SPRINTER LWB 2015 and in have my own company and I am looking for contract job ,and I want to know how much you pay per mile..i live in leeds

• Anonymous
    July 29, 2020 10:26 pm

You have to think anyway, so why not think big? https://helloworld.com